Our Stock list, sheets can be supplied in Full sheets, Part sheets, Cut to Size & CNC cut Shapes
|Stock||Finish||Thickness mm||Sheet Size mm|
|Natural||Semi Bright||0.5, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0||2000 x 1000|
|5 Bar Chequer||Semi Bright||1.5, 2.0, 3.0, 4.5||2000 x 1000, 2500 x 1250|
|Brushed||Dull Polish||1.5||2000 x 1000|
|Mirror||Bright Polish||1.5||2000 x 1000|
|Silver||Anodised||1.5||2000 x 1000|
|Perforated 3mm hole||Natural||1||2000 x 1000|
|Perforated 5mm hole||Natural||2||2000 x 1000|
Metal Sheets Ltd are aluminium sheet metal suppliers to all sectors of industry, manufacturing, building, education, craft work and general public.
- Wide range of finishes – Natural, Chequered, Mirror, Brushed, Stucco, Anodised and Perforated.
- Protective peel-able plastic film to face side of Polished, Brushed and Anodised
- Protective peel-able plastic film to both sides of Natural Mill Finish sheets
- Cutting Service
- Full Sheets and Part Sheets, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and Cut to Size
- Selection of pre-cut sizes are available in our Online Store.
- CNC shape cutting, spinning, fabrication and welding of aluminium sheet.
Aluminium has a very good weight to strength ratio and is used extensively in all fields of engineering and It is the most commonly occurring metal on the planet and is the most widely used metal after steel, it is none toxic and is used widely with food and pharmaceutical products, it is also a good reflector of light and this can be improved by having the sheet polished.
Our Stucco aluminium was used in set make over to re-cover doors for the shooting of Missfits Series 3
Aluminium Chequer Plate
Chequer plates is also known as Tread Plate, Floor Plate, Cheque Plate, Checker Plate, Chequered Floor Plate, and Check Plate.
Chequer Plate aluminium sheet has many applications but its main use is for protection. Its decorative and industrial appearance also generates interest with designers and it can often be found included in architecture and the decor of buildings.
It is a very hard wearing and strong grade of aluminium, Alloy 5754, it has excellent corrosion resistance and will withstand sea water and much pollution. Grade 5754 is excellent for welding and cold working.
Typical applications for Chequer Plate
- Floor Covering for hygiene and slip resistance
- Wall and Column Protection to prevent impact damage where hand trucks, trolleys, sack carts etc are operated.
- Door Protection as kick plates or as a full door cladding
- Commercial Vehicle and Vans
- Access Ramp covering for wheelchairs
- Livestock Trailer tailgate ramps and flooring.
- Land rover and other 4 x 4 Off Road Vehicle body protection, bonnets, wings, sills, corners, floors, bumpers, mud flaps, door plates, side plates, load area plates
- Truck Bed Tool Boxes
- Stair Treads, Step Ladders, Walkways
- Shop Front fascias for vandal protection
Plain Semi Bright Mill Finish Aluminium
Metal Sheets stock of plain aluminium sheet comprises mainly of alloy grade 1050. It is commercially pure aluminium and is resistant to chemical attack and weathering. It is easy to cold work and weld. This is why aluminium grade 1050 is used extensively in general fabrication and for architectural products such as flashings, pressings, cills, soffits and cappings because of its ease of fabrication and excellent powder coating qualities. It is an excellent substrate for painting and powder coating, polyester powder coated aluminium with correct pre-treatment is used in architectural applications with guarantees in excess of 25 years.
The table below shows the various grades of aluminium alloys
|Aluminium Series||Alloying Elements||Grade References|
|1000 Series||Pure Aluminium||1050 / 1200|
|4000 Series||Silicon||4343 / 4015|
|6000 Series||Magnesium||6063 / 6082|
With reference to the technical information, it is given in good faith but without warranty, no liability will be accepted by the company for the use of any materials over which it has no control. Fitness for purpose is the responsibility of the customer.