Metal Sheets Ltd manufactures made to size metal front door step covers also known as threshold covers in Brass, Copper, Stainless Steel and Aluminium
Door Step Cover Finishes
- Brass Natural
- Brass Mirror
- Copper Natural
- Aluminium Chequer
- Stainless Steel Mirror
- Stainless Steel Brushed
A metal front door step cover, (or threshold cover), has several uses.
- To be functional to reduce wear and tear from foot traffic while retaining a good appearance and reducing maintenance.
- To provide a repair over existing timberwork to save expense of replacing timberwork or stone work.
- To be a statement piece for the building or house entrance, a nice polished brass step cover is one of the first things you notice when approaching a house or building.
To get a quote just email us with your choice of metal finish and the sizes
- Make a sketch and write the sizes, show any cut outs and curves, you could photo a sketch with your phone and forward to us email. Plus a photo of your actual step also helps us to visualise the situation. Please download these example side profile templates as a guide to what dimensions we require.
- If you are happy with the quote we will send you confirmation and an invoice.
- Once payment is received we can schedule production.
- If your front door step cover is complicated, you may need to make a template of it or send us the old one if its a replacement.
View more ideas for door furniture in our gallery
Our brass step covers are made from traditional yellow brass, CZ108, the brass thickness is normally 1.2mm which offers some robustness. Aluminium chequer plate is 1.5mm thick and is a corrosion resistant grade, it has resistance to a salty atmosphere, it is used for its slip resistance in marinas and on boats. Our copper is 99.9% pure copper grade C106 the best fabrication grade. Stainless steel is grade 304, (18/8).