Metal Sheets Ltd are galvanised sheet metal suppliers to all sectors of industry, education, craft-work and the public. We sell full sheets, part sheets and cut to size. A selection of pre-cut sizes are available in our online store.
We manufacture Pressings, Flashings, Wall Cappings, Door Security Panels, Roofing Details, Table Tops and much more from Galvanised Mild Steel Sheet Metal.
Note that the spangled finish is becoming less common due to EEC regulations on manufacturing process controls. European galvanised sheet steel is a plain non-spangled finish. We stock and use decorative spangled in 0.8mm which is produced in the far east. Other thickness’ may not be spangled.
|Product||Thickness mm||Stock Sheet Sizes mm|
|Hot Dip Galvanised||0.8*, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0||2000 x 1000, *2500 x 1250|
*only 0.8mm is available spangled finish, other thickness’ are plain finish
Applying a zinc coating to the surface of mild steel sheets imparts many benefits not least that of corrosion resistance.
The life expectancy of galvanise steel sheet is a life time in normal conditions and without any maintenance
Typical Applications of Galvanised Steel Sheet
- Automotive components and body panels
- Roofing, Wall and Door Cladding
- General building components and rainwater goods.
- Domestic appliances, electrical goods and agricultural components.
General Properties of Galvanised Steel Sheet
- Excellent for cold forming bending and profiling, sheet which is
- Cut on a guillotine will have bare cut edges but these do not rust as some
- Zinc is drawn across the cut
- Galvanised steel sheet can be welded but care must be taken to avoid
- Breathing the fumes which can develop when the zinc burns
Note: The degree of spangle varies widely from very little to pronounced as in the picture above.